Guidelines for Utility-Water Accounts
- An application for new service must be filled out and a photo ID attached. A $200 deposit is required at the time of application.
- All services including transfers, finals, temporary service, new service, and bank draft can be done through Doc U Sign. Please call City Hall for details and fees.
When calling City Hall on water bill questions please dial 575-538-3731, select Option 1 and Option 1 again.
Acceptable Forms of Payment
For our customers’ convenience, we offer the following payment options:
- Payments may be paid at City Hall downtown by cash, check, money order, and debit or credit card. There is a 3% charge with all card transactions.
- Drive-up drop box is located at New Mexico Gas Company parking lot labeled Town of Silver City.
- Call-in payments to 575-538-3731 and select option 1 and 1 again.
- Mail payments to:
Town of Silver City
P.O. Box 1188
Silver City, NM 88062
- To set up a bank draft, call City Hall for more information.
Note: If you have a previous balance, please bring your payment in to City Hall to provide the quickest acknowledgement of your payment. Please note that waters turned off for non-payment will be reinstated after the account is paid in full. If payment is made after 2:30 pm, water will not be turned on until the following business day.
Garbage Billing and Services
Residential garbage pick-up is included in the monthly water/sewer bill and is available only within the Town limits. Garbage should be placed in receptacles on the curb by 7:00 a.m. on the designated pick up day. Trash is picked up one day a week only. For current residential pick-up rates or for your collection day contact City Hall at phone (575) 538-3731 (select option 1 and option 1 again). If you would like to upgrade or downgrade your bin size, replace a broken bin, request a bin, missed pick-up, special pick-up, and complaints, please contact Universal Waste Systems at phone (505) 377-8833 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commercial businesses may contact City Hall at (575) 538-3731 (select option 1 and option 1 again) to set up an account, and may contact Universal Waste Systems at phone (505) 377-8833 or email email@example.com for their pick-up schedule and bin size requests.